WooCommerce API Manager is a WooCommerce Extension being distributed by WooCommerce.com & Automattic (previously known as WooThemes). WooCommerce API Manager – Increase Customer Satisfaction by Providing Automatic Updates for Plugins and Themes.
Sell License Keys for Software and Automated Updates for Plugins and Themes
The WooCommerce API Manager secures your software with API License Key activations/deactivations, and provides automatic updates of plugins and themes to increase customer satisfaction and convenience. Easy updates is a powerful marketing tool that only a handful of companies have been able to offer, until now. Best of all, the WooCommerce API Manager is packed with features that eliminate support requests, increase customer satisfaction, and increase shop manager productivity, so you can focus on selling more products.
WooCommerce API Manager Key Features :
- Automatically generated API License Key emailed to the customer after a product purchase.
- Secure automatic software updates through the WordPress dashboard.
- Amazon S3 is fully integrated to serve software files with secure links that expire.
- Offer software updates for a fee or for free, unlimited updates, updates based on a subscription, and updates based on a specified number of software activations.
- Sell software individually, as variable products with sliding scale pricing, as bundles, chained, grouped, composite, or any combination that drives sales.
- The option to sell an API License Key with multiple activations that can differ per variable product.
- Quick and easy product setup with a global settings option that automatically configures variable/child products.
- The customer’s My Account dashboard has all the information the customer needs to manage their software activations, and the power to delete activations for an API License Key, which helps eliminate customer support for these tasks.
- The shop manager and customer can both see the number of activations per API License Key, activations remaining, and all other relevant information to manage purchases, even for subscription products.
- Customer can email themselves a lost API License Key anytime using an automatically created form on the front end of the blog.
- The shop manager can send the customer their completed order at any time, which will contain the products and their API License Keys.
- The API sends custom error messages so customers know if there is a problem when activating/deactivating, or doing an update query.